Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dear Mom and Dad,

I received your postcard yesterday in the mail. I was so excited, I ran around the school and made my friends look at the picture of Chico on the front to show them where I was from. It really made me happy, thank you so much.

Tomorrow we have midterms in my class. I'm kind of nervous because there is a lot of material. But I really feel like I have been learning a lot and it is paying off. I have been having good conversations with my English students in Arabic. This has been extremely rewarding and I am making many Jordanian friends. I feel as though I am making the most of my time here, and I am extremely grateful.

Dad, I've been trying to decide if you would like it here or not. The city is really busy and smoggy, and there isn't enough water around. This makes me think that you wouldn't. But I think you would fit in perfectly with the people here. Everyone is very laid back and extremely friendly, and in general everyone believes that people are more important than time, and they practice it. I know you would like the parts outside of town, the villages and stuff. Everything is done very spontaneously here, I think you would have a lot of fun.

Mom, I'm really sorry that I wasn't home on your birthday. I feel really bad about this. I think that when I get home, I'd like to make some Arabic food for you and Dad as a late celebration. Thank you so much for supporting my trip here, even though you were nervous. I have been eating very well and getting plenty of sleep. I am very happy and healthy, but I look forward to seeing you guys soon.

It's about halfway through my trip now, and I will be home soon. Please pet the dog for me, and say hello to all of the family and everyone else back home for me. I love and miss you both very much, and I'll be back before you know it.

With much love,
your son,

Greg

3 comments:

  1. hi greg thanks for blog we love you mom and dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Glad to hear your getting your mail, more postcards to come. We would love for you to cook something when you get home. Don't worry about midterms, you'll do fine. Love and miss you, Mom and Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greg, I read your blog to Becky. She and I are on our own little adventure. We are so glad you are doing well. Keep the blogs coming. I love reading up on what you are doing. Take care!
    Love,
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete