Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Lord Giveth...

Ok, here is a quick update. Pardon my brevity but I don't have much time.

So, I made my flight from LAX to London and spent a fine day there. Walked all around, took dozens of pictures saw Buckingham palace, Westminster Abbey, Big ol' Ben, had some fish and chips and a Guinness, struggled with the trains. Had a grand time. The only thing I kept thinking was how it was hard to believe that this place had been bombed to bits not too long ago.

Flew from London to Amman, arrived in Jordan around midnight there (About a twenty four hour waking day for me). Got my visa, was picked up by a man named Yahir from the school. He dropped my friend Amer and I off at our apartment where many of my old friends were staying. I put my stuff down and crashed around three am.

Here is where it get's interesting. I awoke to find that during the night my camera, laptop, GPS, and eighty dollars American had been stolen apparently during that morning. A friend had been up and around in the apartment till about seven Am. Another roommate woke up around eight thirty. During this window, the door was unlocked and it would seem this is when the robbery occured. Thankfully, my wallet and passport were on my person so they are safe. I intend to go to the police office today and file a report but the chances of finding my things are slim. Ma'sha Allah, praise God I am safe and surrounded with friends. Saw some crazy stuff yesterday in Amman, the old Citadel, Roman Ruins, some of the dead sea scrolls. Ok, now I have to go to the pharmacy because I may be getting sick. Please keep me in your prayers as I get through this rocky start.

(obviously no pictures of London or Amman due to stolen Camera.)

3 comments:

  1. Dang dude, that sucks. 10 million man points to you if you still find all the geocaches in Jordan without a GPS. (This is Jamie not Ciara)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rough start, but I'm certain you'll turn things around. Miss you already Greg--found a guitar strap among my packed belongings that I believe may belong to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greggy-Pep ,

    Sorry it started out so rough, but at least you are there, right? That is something to smile about. I am glad you are safe! London sounds amazing, I have always wanted to see Westminster Abbey. You have not missed much around here since you left, the dogs broke into your room and Bailey sat on your carpet. Bailey misses you! She seems sad and waits for you to come home. Our garden has so many tomato buds, Greg! We think we may need to open a roadside stand and sell these puppies when they are ripe, it's ridiculous how many there are! Vance and I must have super green thumbs, like forest or olive green or something.

    Hope all is well and you feel better. I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

    Always,
    Kelly

    P.S.- You had a Guinness!?! You sly dog. ;)

    ReplyDelete